We have an active Parent Council who meet at least once a term. Parents/Carers are encouraged to volunteer or put themselves forward to be chosen as representatives of the Parent Council. All meetings are open and parents are welcome to attend.
We believe that parental support and partnership is an important factor towards a pupil’s success at school.
- Work in partnership with the school to decide on the key priorities to take forward;
- Provide a voice for parents in schools and in their local authority on issues that are important to them;
- Improve the school’s understanding of how to engage parents in their children’s learning and in the life of the school;
- Support the school to develop strong home/school partnerships;
- Communicate regularly with the Parent Forum to both hear their views and keep them informed;
- Support improvement by discussing the school’s strengths and areas for development from a parental perspective;
- Help make links with the wider community;
- Capture the unique and varied skills, interests, knowledge and experience that parents can offer.
Our present Parent Council is:
Chairperson – Miss Katie Mary MacPherson
Vice Chairperson – Ms Lynnsay Stewart
Treasurer – Mrs Merioni Fraser
Secretary – Mrs Nicola MacKenzie
Executive Head Teacher – Mrs Anne Graham
Head of School – Mrs Kirsty Brennan
Staff Representative – Mrs Fiona MacInnes
Member - Mrs Sarah Reap
Member - Mr Kenneth MacDonald
Member – Mrs Fiona Menzies
Member – Ms Amy McWilliams
Member – Mrs Adina Andrei
Member – Mrs Helen Bagley
The following web site gives useful information for parent councils www.parentzone.gov.uk
If you have any queries or issues you wish to be highlighted or discussed at any future Parent Council meetings please get in touch with a member of the parent Council or email them at [email protected]
What do our Parent Council do and how do they support us?...Fundraising ideas and initiatives eg. annual FunRun, Christmas Fair Stall, Car wash...Donations towards school trips/events/activities...purchasing resources for school improvment projects eg. reading schemes, gym mats, ICT resources...taking forward issues eg. safety barriers at front entrance...consultation on behalf of parent body...ask questions regarding learning and teaching...and much more...